1. Inspect your feet everyday
2. Wash your feet every day with soap and water, then dry your feet and toes properly.
3. Keep the skin soft and smooth with good lotion.
4. Trim your toenails straight and across and file the edges with an emery board or nail file.
5. Wear leather shoes and cotton socks at all times.
6. Protect your feet from extreme heat and cold.
7. Keep the blood flowing to your feet by moving the toes and the feet when sitting for long periods.
8. Be more active - walk more every day.